Where Can I Find the Money to Study at US Univerity?

by neville

One of the great things about the US is that there is a legal mechanism for foreign students to work while going to school. However, this is a tricky area.  Work, for the most part will be limited to on-campus jobs at close to minimum wage. But you will find that a great supplement.

There is a very high probability that you can access some form of work, scholarship, or other assistance, that can reduce your cost. It may happen immediately, but more likely it will after a year or so.

In selecting your school, certainly weigh the probability of such work, scholarship assistance, and other forms of available cost reducing methods, into your funding formula.

The most important thing to remember is that work is not guaranteed. It is an option, but it should not be factored into your financial equation—and especially not for the first two years.

So if you cannot count on employment in the US, and if you plan to follow our advice to be  financially self-sufficient for two calendar years, then the next logical questions are:

  1. Where can I find money for the first two years of study before I leave for the US?
  2. What happens after I arrive in the US?
  3. How can I fund my  last two years of study?

The answer to these questions are Loans, Grants, Scholarships, and Handouts.

To help secure that critical first two years of funding read: “Loans, Grants and Handouts for International Students – Pre Departure“.

And to prepare you for securing funding for your last two years of study in the US read: “Loans, Scholarships and Work for International Students – After Arrival“.

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

yuvarani September 19, 2010 at 1:59 pm

hi am yuvarani planning to study in us i need more information about us universities an dhow much i have to pay for us studies please snd about more information


Leave a Comment